Getting Your Employer More Involved

If you work in an organisation which is based in Warrington, Halton or St Helens, and you think your employer would be particularly supportive and sympathetic with our work or would be interested in a partnership with the RSPCA, then let us know.

There are many, many ways your organisation can become a valued partner:

Collection Tins

If your organisation is in retail, or offers services / products to members of the public, would your organisation be willing to put a number of collection cans in prominent positions?

Locals supporting us by holding a collection tin are:

  • BHRAIVE salon, WA4 6SG
  • Chalk and Steel Gym, WA3 1EW
  • Clockface Post Office, WA9 4QL
  • Eccleston Hill Convenience Store, L35 7JX
  • Eccleston Hill Post Office, WA10 3BY
  • Elements of Beauty salon, WA5 0LG
  • Extreme Cutting House Birchwood, WA3 7PG
  • Ginger and Browns Pet Supplies, CW8 2EB
  • Horseshoe Pub, WA3 7HQ
  • Lymm Veterinary Surgery, WA13 0DL
  • Parr Arms, WA4 3EP
  • Peacock Pub, WA3 7PG
  • Pets Pantry, WA4 6SG
  • PQ Corporation, WA5 1AB
  • Rose Cottage Vet Centre, WA7 8EQ
  • Runcorn Household Stores, WA7 5PU
  • Toyota, WA1 3LR
  • Village Home Stores, WA3 5DJ

If you think your employer might want to get involved with supporting us as the local RSPCA Animal Centre, then sound some ideas out with them, and if your manager is interested and wants to know more, contact us on

Food Collections and Wishlists

Product Sponsorship

Would your organisation like to form a product sponsorship relationship with the RSPCA?


If you work in leisure, entertainment, or hospitality, would your employer be willing to organise a night dedicated to raising funds for us: perhaps a pub quiz, karaoke competition, wine tasting evening, disco evening?

Team Building

Would your organisation be interested in organising bigger and better fundraising events to raise funds for us as part of their team building days: football tournaments, tug of war, “laser quest” adventure, paint balling competitions?

Payroll Giving

Would your organisation be interested in promoting the RSPCA Warrington, Halton and St Helens branch to all its employees so they can consider donating from their salary each month?

Have you considered supporting us through your pay?

Payroll Giving is a simple and tax-effective way to support us.

If you are employed and pay income tax you can arrange to regularly donate a small amount of your salary to your local RSPCA branch. It is simple to sort out, all you need to do is:

  • Decide how much you want to donate to us each week or month
  • Complete the form below and hand it to the person who pays your salary

Your payroll department sends your total donation to an HMRC approved Payroll Giving Agency (it may be wise to check if your employer is registered with a Payroll Giving Agency before you complete and hand in the form). The Payroll Giving Agency then forwards your gift on to us every month.

Why is this a good idea?

Donating through your pay saves you money as you don’t have to pay tax on the money you donate.

Example: You donate £10 a month from your income. This reduces the amount of income tax that you pay by £2.20 each month (or £4.00 for higher rate taxpayers) The actual cost to you is £7.80 (or £6.00 for a higher rate taxpayer).

You kindly donate Actual cost to your if you are a
(basic) 22% tax payer
Actual cost if you are a
(higher) 40% tax payer
£5.00 £3.90 £2.00
£8.00 £5.80 £3.30
£10.00 £7.80 £6.00
£15.00 £11.70 £13.50

It works out cheaper for you to give thorugh your payroll than through direct debit or standing order!

To get started

  • Download our Payroll Giving Leaflet. After you have completed it, hand it in to the person who pays your salary.
  • OR visit to find out more and to set up your payroll giving – don’t forget to specify your chosen charity as RSPCA Warrington, Halton and St Helens Branch Reg. Charity No. 232259if you want your donation to go to us.


  • Your Payroll Department may already have a form or system in place for you to use, so contact them first to find out.
  • Let the person who pays your salary know you would like to donate to: RSPCA Warrington, Halton and St Helens Branch Reg. Charity No. 232259

Charity of the Year

Would your organisation be interesting in adopting the RSPCA Warrington, Halton and St Helens branch as its ‘Charity of the Year’?

Share Button

Leave a Reply