Data Protection Statement: e.g. The RSPCA Warrington, Halton and St Helens Branch (and/or RSPCA national Society and/or its trading company where applicable) may use your personal information provided via this website for the following purposes. To:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- verify your identity;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- improve our services or marketing purposes;
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, appeals, other fundraising activities, promotions of our associated companies goods and services.
The Branch is committed to ensuring personal data is dealt with in line with the General Data Protection Regulations. We will never sell, rent or swap your information to 3rd parties.
We will not share your information without your permission unless required to do so by law.
You have a right to query the information we hold. If you wish to exercise this right please contact the branch by email on email@example.com
How we collect information:
The information we hold on you will only have been given to us by you and will be used for our work in line with the legitimate interest basis of GDPR. Our database is provided by Beacon, and our email newsletter provider is MailChimp.
How we use this information:
- For legitimate business of the Branch
- Where the Branch has a legal obligation to disclose the information
Types of personal information we hold which you have provided include:
- Name, address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address
- The name and type of animal only where this is necessary
- Bank details are only used to comply with your instructions for setting up donations and are destroyed as soon as the process is operating
Using your personal information:
- For the purposes of our legitimate business to enable us to carry out our charitable activities
- With your consent to notify you of fundraising activities and branch activities and to comply with any legal requirements.
How long we will keep your information:
- We will delete your information if you have not engaged with our contact for 12 months
- We will follow RSPCA national guidelines retention policy
- Where there are legal requirements (eg accounting) we will comply with the legal requirements
How we protect your information:
- Our electronic information is password protected
- Paper storage is kept under lock and key
- We will delete material which is no longer needed for our legitimate business
You have the right to:
- Change your mind
- Ask us to stop using your information for any aspect of our legitimate business
- Ask to see it, for us to delete it, part of it, correct it or restrict it
How to complain:
You can complain in the first instance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
You can complain to the Information Commissioners Office if you think that there is a problem in how we have handled your information.
Cookies: We aim to give you the opportunity to assess and control cookie use where possible. It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to do this, see: http://www.aboutcookies.org/ (turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using this site).
Online payments: if you make a donation online, your card or banking information is collected by the relevant provider (e.g. JustGiving, PayPal, iZettle or GoCardless), and is not held by us.
Contact: please address all enquiries about our data protection procedures to: The Branch Chair, RSPCA WHS, Slutchers Lane, Bank Quay, Warrington, WA1 1NA
Page last updated April 2020