Enter your pet to be crowned the best in our Howl-o-we’en pet competition! Any and every kind of pet is welcome, and it’s just £2 to enter!
Join in the fun for the chance to win a spooky certificate, show your pet off, and support our animal centre as well!
We love to hear all about your animal, your relationship with them, their history and your journey together so do take the time to tell us about yourself and your wonderful animal.
- Petrifying Pets: for all pets of any kind!
- Wise Witch and Wizard: celebrating your older pets in autumn years!
- Magician’s Apprentice: show off your baby or young pets!
Terms and Conditions
- The RSPCA Howl-o-We’en Pet Competition (the “Competition”) is run by RSPCA Warrington, Halton & St Helens charity number 232259.
- Your entry to the Competition can only be accepted by uploading it to https://rspcawhs.beaconforms.com/form/d093b902. Please do not send it by post as unfortunately they will not be read or considered unless exceptionally, you have contacted us to make a prior arrangement.
- Entrants 15 or younger must have a parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter the Competition.
- Entries must feature your own pets or photographs/videos that you have taken of your own (family or friend’s pets). Classes and judging guidelines can be found set out in more detail at: www.rspca.org.uk/howloween
Entry and specifications:
- All entries should be submitted by uploading to https://rspcawhs.beaconforms.com/form/d093b902
- Photos entered into the Competition must be a faithful representation of what the photographer saw at the time of taking the photo. Digital adjustments are only acceptable if they are for minor cleaning work, levels, curves, colour, saturation and contrast work. Entrants will be disqualified from the Competition if the RSPCA or the judges believe that the images have been manipulated or are not the entrant’s original work.
- Please avoid the use of filters and effects.
- Images uploaded should be no larger than 10MB. Make sure the image you upload is a JPEG and the highest quality image you have, sized no smaller than 600×600 pixels, but keep the ‘Raw’ file(s).
- Entrants should not do anything to upset or stress animals in attempting to photograph them. Photos will be rejected from the Competition if the RSPCA or the judges believe that the photos show an animal in distress, or if they contain any unsuitable content.
- Entries cannot be returned so please retain a copy.
- The opening date for entries is at 10am 12th October United Kingdom time.
- The closing date for online entries is 12 midnight 31st October UK time. Any entries received after this time will be rejected.
- All entrants have the right to withdraw their entry prior to the closing date of Sunday 31st October, by sending an email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The judges of the Competition are branch representatives and details are available on request.
- All winners in the Competition will be notified by the morning 6 November 2021. The decisions of the judges and the RSPCA are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted in respect of their entry. Although we are grateful to, and would like to encourage the efforts of, all participants, unfortunately we cannot give feedback on unsuccessful entries.
- Prizes provided by the competitions supporters will be awarded to the winners of each category, as decided by the judges. Additional prizes may be awarded to runners-up in each of the categories but this is at the sole discretion of the judges and the RSPCA’s discretion).
- If we do not receive a response after notifying an entrant that they have been selected as a winner, or if any selected winner becomes not contactable at any time up to and including the awards ceremony, the RSPCA and/or the judges may select another winner in their place.
- Each entrant (or entrant’s parent or legal guardian if the entrant is aged 16 or under) agrees that, only for the purposes of promoting the Competition and future RSPCA and branch activity, the RSPCA may (1) use the entrant’s first name, surname, county and age and (2) disclose the entrant’s name and age to third parties. The RSPCA shall seek the entrant’s prior consent (and/or the entrant’s parent or legal guardian’s prior consent if the entrant is aged 16 or under) before disclosing any further personal data to third parties. The RSPCA will not post the names and details of entrants aged under 13 years online without the entrant’s parental or guardian’s consent.
- Personal information provided by finalists will be used for the purposes of administering the Competition where necessary (for example the provision of prizes as necessary for this purpose) and contacting the entrant about the next year’s competition and in accordance with the RSPCA’s Privacy notice:rspca.org.uk/privacy
The RSPCA will use the contact details of the entrant’s parent or guardian to seek their consent to the entrant’s participation in the Competition and administering their child’s entry. The personal data of winners will be kept to enable the uses of their photos as described below.
- All entries submitted must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other person. The RSPCA cannot be liable if another person’s rights are breached, and the parent or guardian of the entrant agrees to indemnify RSPCA Warrington, Halton & St Helens, RSPCA and/or RSPCA Trading Ltd in respect of any claim from a third party that the entrant’s work infringes their rights.
- Entrants retain the copyright in their submitted photos or videos. However, by entering the Competition under these terms, the entrant gives RSPCA Warrington, Halton & St Helens, the RSPCA and RSPCA Trading Ltd a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, exhibit and post the submitted photos in any and all media, including media platforms yet to be envisaged for the purposes of promoting and publicising this Competition or other events or campaigns.
For potential use on products of the RSPCA or third parties licensed by the RSPCA, the entrant’s permission will be sought, including use on RSPCA licensed products, which will be agreed as the subject of a separate agreement.
- Wherever possible, the RSPCA will credit the entrant as the photographer.
- Entrants agree that the RSPCA may use the credited entry on its website for the duration of five years, after which all names and attribution will be removed.
- The RSPCA cannot be responsible for any entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or incomplete, or for failure to receive or properly register any entries due to any technical failure or malfunction or other reason. The RSPCA reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or cancel this Competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control. In either case we will give notice to entrants by posting the changes on the Competition website.
- Entrants/their parents/guardians will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to agree to be bound by them when registering.
- The law applicable to the Competition is English Law.