Animal Cruelty

If you are concerned about the welfare of an animal, please phone the Cruelty Line on 0300 1234 999.  As a Branch we are unable to follow up these reports.


Do you offer vet care/neutering?

We do not have an on site vet and we are not equipped to offer free healthcare.  However, depending on the area you live in you will be able to seek help from the PDSA Hospital in Huyton, our RSPCA Runcorn Clinic or RSPCA Greater Manchester Animal Hospital.

Can you rehome my animal? 

We only deal with severe neglect and cruelty cases brought to us by National RSPCA inspectors so aren’t able to take animals from members of the public.  Other local rescues may be able to help you such as the Cheshire Dogs Home, Warrington Animal Welfare and your local Cats Protection League.

Is your branch open?

The vast majority of our animals are in ongoing prosecution cases, therefore, we must provide a high level of security. This means the only public allowed on site day-to-day are volunteers. At the end of the legal proceedings, if we re-home the animals from our centre, these are advertised on the website and you can book appointments to see them.

We answer the phone between 10am-2pm but as most of our staff are busy looking after cats or dogs, we can’t always pick up. The phone number to report cruelty is open until 10pm every day – 0300 1234 999. We cannot take reports directly to the branch.

How can I make a donation in person?

Although the branch is generally closed to the public, we are still hugely grateful to receive donations.  These can be dropped off directly at the branch, any time, between 8.30am-4.30pm, any day of the week. You may find it easier to give online through our JustGiving page.

 I’ve found a stray dog, what do I do?

We cannot take in stray animals as we do not have a licence to do so, you need to contact the local dog warden. Strays that are collected are taken to Cheshire Dogs Home.

 I’ve found a stray cat, what do I do?

We cannot take in stray animals. National RSPCA will collect sick or injured stray cats but due to lack of resources, they don’t normally collect healthy strays. Usually, healthy strays are fine but if you are concerned we recommend contacting the Cats Protection.

 I believe an animal is being treated cruelly, what shall I do?

We are unable to directly prosecute or take action from this branch, as this is the job of the National Inspector team.  Please contact them on the helpline 0300 1234 999.

How much is it to adopt an animal from you?

The usual prices are below though these do sometimes differ (for example specific breeds):

Dogs under 6 months of age – £300
Dogs over 6 months of age – £200 (large-breeds £300)
Cats under 6 months of age – £150
Cats over 6 months of age – £120

All adoptions are subject to a home visit.  The adoption fees listed above are inclusive of neutering, vaccinations, micro-chipping and worm & flea treatments.

Please note:  We cannot re-home any of our animals with children under 5yrs.

I’ve found injured wildlife, what should I do?

Please take directly to a vet, as we do not have the facilities to care for them on site, or ring the National RSPCA for assistance on 0300 1234 999.

Any Other Questions?

If we haven’t answered your question, please email us on

You can also write to us at:
RSPCA Warrington, Halton and St Helens, Slutchers Lane, Bank Quay, Warrington, WA1 1NA

The phone number to report cruelty is open until 10pm every day – 0300 1234 999. We cannot take reports directly to the branch.

Our phone number is 01925 632 944 – this is usually answered daily between 10am – 2pm however please be patient if you can’t get through, at very busy times we may be unable to answer calls. If you’re struggling to get in touch via phone, please email us.

Share Button