RSPCA Warrington Halton St Helens Animal Care Rehabilitation Cruelty

Frequently asked questions

  • Do you offer vet care/neutering?
    We do not have an on site vet and we are not equipped to offer free healthcare. However, depending on the area you live in you will be able to seek help from the PDSA Hospital in Huyton or RSPCA Greater Manchester Animal Hospital.
  • Can you rehome my animal?
    We only deal with severe neglect and cruelty cases brought to us by National RSPCA inspectors so aren’t able to take animals from members of the public. Other local rescues may be able to help you such as the Cheshire Dogs Home, Warrington Animal Welfare and your local Cats Protection.
  • Is your branch open?
    The vast majority of our animals are in ongoing prosecution cases, therefore, we must provide a high level of security. This means the only public allowed on site day-to-day are volunteers. At the end of the legal proceedings, if we re-home the animals from our centre, these are advertised on the website and you can book appointments to see them.

    We answer the phone between 10am-2pm but as most of our staff are busy looking after cats or dogs, we can’t always pick up.

    The phone number to report cruelty is open until 10pm every day – 0300 1234 999. We cannot take reports directly to the branch.
  • How can I make a donation in person?
    Although the branch is generally closed to the public, we are still hugely grateful to receive donations. These can be dropped off directly at the branch, any time, between 8.30am-4.30pm, any day of the week.
  • I've found a stray cat or dog, what should I do?
    National RSPCA will collect sick or injured stray cats but due to lack of resources, they don’t normally collect healthy strays. Usually, healthy strays are fine but if you are concerned we recommend contacting the Cats Protection.
    We cannot take in stray dogs as we do not have a licence to do so, you need to contact the local dog warden. Strays that are collected are taken to Cheshire Dogs Home.
  • I've found injured wildlife, what should I do?
    Please take directly to a vet, or ring the National RSPCA for assistance on 0300 1234 999.

RSPCA Warrington Animal Centre
Slutchers Lane
Bank Quay


Phone: 01925 632944

Stop animal cruelty

Need to report a case of animal cruelty? Please call 0300 1234 999

Built with Mobirise ‌

Web Page Designing Software